Rotorua’s #1 out door activity – TripAdvisor
Our New Zealand zipline adventure activity is the experience of a lifetime. It’s a magnificent environment we’ll take you to – a long forgotten ancient New Zealand forest just like the whole of New Zealand once was. But we have a very fun way of moving through it – a low impact mode of transport to get you high in the ancient canopy!
How the tour works…
Getting ready to zipline
- Once you arrive at our base and the front office team have checked you in, our down to earth kiwi guides will meet you. Our guides are highly skilled and experienced, some having taken over 1000 tours!
- Just a 10 minute van ride and you will arrive at the Dansey Road Scenic Reserve – get ready to forget about the real world for a couple of hours!
…and we are away!
- At the first platform, your guides start your journey exploring our native forest on 1.2km network of Rotorua ziplines, swingbridges and treetop platforms.
- In total there are 6 ziplines totalling more than 650 metres, the highlight for most being the jaw-dropping 220 metre zipline that departs from 22 metres up a 1000 year old tree.
- You will not be required to operate any of the equipment on the tour, safety is our number one priority at Canopy Tours. Your trusty guides will be clipping you on and off all of the safety systems during your tour, this allows you to enjoy the ziplines and take in the magical native forest.
Maximum weight 120 kg or 264 lb. All guests are weighed at check in. Minimum age is 6 years old and no upper age limit, 93 years is our oldest guest so far! Children (15 years and under) must be accompanied by a responsible adult (16 years or over).