Quick Facts about Rotorua Canopy Tours
Rotorua Canopy Tours
- Rotorua Canopy Tours offers two amazing eco adventures.
- No more than 10 participants per tour – small and personal.
- Two professional kiwi guides per tour.
- Both experiences take place in the Dansey Road Scenic Reserve, only 10 minutes drive from Rotorua Canopy Tours base.
- The Dansey Road scenic reserve is an ancient native forest, with trees that have stood for over 1000 years.
- Free photos are taken by guides for visitors.
- Thousands of people aged over 75 have been on a Canopy Tour, the eldest zipliner (so far) was 93.
- Rotorua Canopy Tours opened in August 2012.
- Conservation efforts started in August 2013.
- The Ultimate Canopy Tour started in July 2018.
Facts about Rotorua Canopy Tours Conservation
- 280 ha of the forest is under total predator control.
- 652 traps are currently dispersed and active throughout the forest.
- A portion of every admission fee from the zipline tour goes directly back into conservation.
- Traps used are a mixture of Goodnature A24 Rat traps, A12 Possum traps, Doc200 and Doc250 traps.
- Rotorua Canopy Tours staff (guides and office staff) maintain the traps and trapping lines in the forest.
- With the introduction of rats, possums, stoats and other animals, over 40% of New Zealand’s birds have become extinct since the arrival of people.
- Every night 70,000 native birds are killed by pests in New Zealand, with about 260 million killed each year.
- Only 5% of New Zealand’s native birds make it to adulthood in the wild.