Incredible Nature and Adventure
Opened in August 2012 and already the number 1 ranked attraction on TripAdvisor in the North Island and Rotorua!!
This is the ONLY native forest zipline canopy tour in New Zealand and it is incredible - it’s high, it’s fun, it’s beautiful, it’s peaceful and you’ll remember it for the rest of your life!! And it’s suitable for almost everyone!!
Embark on a magical journey through untouched native New Zealand forest from an unexplored perspective.
High amongst ancient trees this 3 hour adventure combines fun and excitment with pristine natural beauty.
- Small Group, unforgettable Eco Tourism Adventure – this is NOT mass tourism
- 2 awesome, highly trained and knowledgeable guides to escort you
- Travel a 1.2 kilometre network of ziplines, swingbridges, treetop platforms and walking trails deep in virgin New Zealand native forest
- 6 Zipline/Flying fox flights up to 220 metres long and 40 metres above forest floor
- Treetop platforms perched 22 metres up 500 year old trees
- Tree to tree swingbridges up to 50 metres long
- You will not see any tree, plant or most bird species on any other country on earth
- Be part of this inspirational conservation project in some off the most pristine native forest left standing
Mix thrill and wonder through an incredible network of trails, tree platforms, ziplines (flying fox) and swing bridges.
The changing views are breath taking as you experience the thrill of flying through changing landscapes from high above unexplored forested valleys, to tight openings through the forest sub canopy, to amongst stands of giant long forgotten trees.
In between the thrill of the ziplines (flying fox), suspended treebridges and the tree platforms let the guides share their passion and knowledge for the local history, the forest and the conservation challenges to preserve it all to bring alive the forest environment you are passing through.
Hear the beautiful orchestra of native bird song resonating in the forest and take a deep breath to let the wondrous moment sink in.
Rotorua Canopy Tours appeals to all ages and is suitable for a wide range of people from children through to grandparents – no experience is required. The tour infrastructure has been built to ensure minimal environmental impact while also delivering unprecedented safety and comfort for all guests.