New Zealand’s ONLY Native Forest Zipline Canopy Tour
- Fly high above native forest canopy in this three hour zipline Rotorua adventure activity.
- Handfeed wild native birds with classic Kiwi guides
- A conservation focused eco tour of New Zealand’s magical ancient forest.
Deep in a fairy tale native forest that has stood for centuries, we will take you on a 3 hour adventure and education filled journey that you will remember forever. With our classic Kiwi guides and small groups this is a perfect combo of excitement and nature.
With so many highlights it’s no wonder Rotorua Canopy Tours is the Number 1 ranked Outdoor Activity on TripAdvisor in New Zealand – and almost anyone can do it!
What to expect from a Rotorua Canopy Tour
- You will explore our forest on a 1.2km network of ziplines, swingbridges, walking trails and treetop platforms where your safety is the number one focus.
- You’ll find yourself up to 22 metres high in the Canopy and taking zipline flights up to 220 metres long over almost 3 full hours
- Your guides are down to earth Kiwis, who each have unique knowledge of our forest and a passion for conservation, ask them nicely and they may even help you handfeed some rare native birds.
- We’ve found the right balance – it’s fun and exciting, but also slow paced so you can appreciate the magnificent environment you will find yourself in – and if it’s raining the forest sparkles!
- Every plant and bird species you see is only found in New Zealand – so it’s New Zealand nature at it’s finest!
- This is small, personal and unforgettable. We don’t do tacky mass tourism. It’s small groups of no more than 10 and your 2 Kiwi guides, all together deep in the wilderness.
- For so many it becomes a ‘highlight of the holiday’ experience – will it be yours?
Be part of the conservation story
- With a portion of every Rotorua eco tour ticket invested into our massive conservation project, you are part of our forest restoration story with 20% of our 500 hectare forest now free from predators that prey on the native bird populations.
- Keep an eye out for our native birds including Robins, Kereru, Tomtit, Tui, Bellbirds, Whiteheads, Kaka and Fantails.
- Our dream is to restore the eco-system to the one Captain James Cook discovered on arrival to New Zealand 300 years ago – full of deafening bird chorus.
You’ll be warm and dry for the adventure
Rotorua Canopy Tour adventures go ahead rain or shine, and customers are provided with additional layers to keep dry, comfortable and warm. Find out how we keep you warm and dry here.